GeoModelling Solutions has conducted numerous petroleum system analysis largely focusing on the Norwegian continental shelf. Our unique approach to PSA not only uses traditional PSA tools but also combines multi-physics, multi-scale and multi-stage models to match known observations and make predictions ranging all the way from the prospect to basin scale.
- Collation of available data in the area of interest from multiple sources.
- Integration of pressure, erosion, fault and hydrocarbon data into the model.
- Multi-stage migration models.
- Fault and seal property evolution through time.
- Juxtaposition analysis along major migration pathways into the area of interest.
- Generation and implementation of paleo-tilt maps to investigate hydrocarbon remigration.
- Integrate thermal models obtained from basin models.
The model shows migration pathways and present-day accumulations on the BCU surface in the southern Halten region. The best-fit of accumulation size and type to observations is obtained only when a multi-stage model with evolving fault properties is used. Additionally, hydrocarbon GOR in accumulations is improved when the complex thermal evolution of sediments obtained from a basin model (TecMod) is implemented.